Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Frittata salad?

So I promised (myself) that I wouldn't post more than once a day (I don't have THAT much to talk about), but since I'm so busy today and I just saw the craziest thing on tv, I had to share. Since there's nothing else on tv at noon I've taken to taping Molto Mario. Not a huge fan of the show, especially because there's always weird things on the menu, chicken livers, etc... And he does a terrible job showing me how to do anything. But anyway, today, he was making frittata salad so I was intrigued, especially since I had just written about frittatas the other day.

So he made the frittata with just some simple herbs and a bit of chili pepper flakes and chopped it up and added it to a bed of escarole (kind of bitter-ish lettuce) and orange segments. I think I actually like the idea of eggs on salad with the citrus. I've been going back and forth on it for a few minutes, but it might be good. The eggs would have to be cooked well done for sure. And the lettuce would have to be crunchy, but not too crunchy, but I think I could do it. Not sure what Jeff would think, but his rule is: "I love eggs"

It's definitely not something that I'd ever ever think of, but maybe I could do it - frittata salad. I think I'd have to work up to it. Like maybe start by having eggs with some other vegetables and move on to the lettuce. I don't know, but I've heard that things that you don't like to eat before you're 30 you'll never like, so I guess I'll have to try it within the next couple of years.

No comments: